Subject: [eclipse.org-committers] Google Analytics, project virtual servers and GDPR
Date: 8 November 2018 at 23:52:19 GMT+8

Greetings,

Back in May, we discontinued the usage of Google Analytics on project websites, as the privacy implications, and our obligations towards privacy and the GDPR, were unclear.

We're once again allowing you to use Google Analytics on your project websites, but there are some conditions, and a very simple process to follow. In short:

1. You'll have to read a policy document

2. You'll have to file a bug saying you agree to that policy

3. You'll have to ensure webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx is co-admin for the Google Analytics profile you use for your open source project.

4. You'll have to play nice with the anonymous, aggregate data you collect

The policy itself is here:

https://www.eclipse.org/org/documents/eclipse-foundation-hosted-services-privacy-and-acceptable-usage-policy.pdf

You can read more about this change on Christopher Guindon's blog post:

https://blogs.eclipse.org/post/christopher-guindon/eclipse-foundation-hosted-services-privacy-and-acceptable-usage-policy

Owners of Project Virtual Servers will have to follow a similar process.

Thanks,

Denis

--
Denis Roy
Director, IT Services | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.