From: <iot-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Kai Kreuzer <kai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 at 5:01 PM
To: PMC list for IoT top level project <iot-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [iot-pmc] Concierge 5.1 release

Thanks for the quick response, +1 from my side!

On 31. Oct 2018, at 16:51, Jan Rellermeyer <rellermeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Kai,

yes, there was an issue that was reported today with Java 11 in the sense that OpenJDK apparently changed the format of the java.specification.version identifier and Concierge could consequently not parse it correctly as a JavaSE-11 environment.

This error is normally not fatal but the reporter had bundles which explicitly depend on a Java 1.5 EE to be available and the fallback for VMs that do not report a parsable specification version number is 0. As a result, no EE capabilities are available and those bundles fail to resolve.

The small fix for also supporting single digit specification versions will be included in the release.

CP1 is the minimal set of packages required to run Concierge, so it runs on all three of the compact profiles.

Best regards,

Jan.