Re: [iot-pmc] Using newer version of already approved works-with dependency

On 10 April 2018 at 09:05, Jens Reimann <jreimann@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But I would hope that it could be an acceptable risk for Type_A projects to
> approve e.g. "FooBar 1.2.x".

As a nearby example, I wouldn't want to take that risk for the CQ that
prompted this conversation (which I realise is workswith only). The
versioning has improved of late, but is a bit erratic and is rarely
completely backwards compatible even on a 1.1.x release. I wouldn't be
completely surprised to see new third party code using a different
license being introduced on a service release.

Cheers,

Roger

Back to the top