Re: [iot-pmc] Archive IoT Projects

My apologies, I did not respond to this thread.

On Thursday, September 7, 2017, Kai Kreuzer <kai@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ian,

Two question, if you allow:

1. The last commit on Ponte is from May 2017 - shouldn’t we allow at least 6 or even 12 months before deciding that „developers seem to have left“? I remember there were discussions with Mateo that he wasn’t really able to further pursue the project; but in this case, you should not have to „believe“, but he should simply state that he wishes to archive the project.

Interesting I was under the impression all the committers have left the project. We have an individual who has expressed interest in taking over but he can't get his employers approval. I will check on who is doing the commits in May?

2. Just out of curiosity: riseV2G seems to be pretty active - but they seem to have decided to further pursue the project outside of Eclipse (https://github.com/V2GClarity/RISE-V2G). Do you know the reasons why they have left?

Benjamin has been in contact with the project leader. It seems he has decided he does not want to be an Eclipse project so he has essentially created a fork. I think he wants to create some type of business around the project.  Benjamin spoke with him and he seems to have made up his mind.

Cheers,
Kai