Re: [incubation] File headers for generated files

On Sun, 2017-06-04 at 16:41 -0400, Mike Milinkovich wrote:

> Alois,
>
> That is a surprisingly complicated question, and the answer is "it
> depends".

Why I'm also getting the hard ones questions ;-)

> You may want to read this entry in the EPL FAQ:
> https://www.eclipse.org/legal/eplfaq.php#CODEGEN
>
> What do you expect users to do with this generated code?
>
> Do you want the copyleft provisions of the EPL to apply to the generated
> code, or do you want to make it clear that they can include this code in
> their own products under a (potentially) proprietary license?

Es pointed out in my answer to Tyler I see the generated code as an integral part of Eclipse 4diac-ide. Until we can fully automate the generation for
the build process I would like to go with the EPL license for this code.

If we go with that. Who would be the copyright holder in the header. The same as the ones in the source file from which the code is generated from?

Alois

> HTH

Back to the top