Re: [incubation] How to stop being a committer

There is no way for a committer to be forced out of a project if he/she has not done anything wrong.
Leaving the company that sponsors the project is not a reason for removal. This is a direct consequence of the rules that edict how a person becomes a committer (remember, it is based on skills, ability to be trusted with the project, etc. not because one is employed by a company).

What some projects have done (e.g. we've done in Equinox), is to purge inactive committers in order to make it easier/faster to go through some project activity such as votes. However even there, we would first contact the committers directly by email to know their intentions before proposing them for removal.

HTH