Re: [incquery-dev] eclipsecon example

Hi,

On Friday, October 18, 2013 at 3:45 PM, Ábel Hegedüs wrote:
I have no idea why interlinking, either direct between different files or indirect by using the features in queries, does not work for query-based features.
OK, Tamás has agreed to look into this. I hope he'll come up with a solution.

I know that we are short on time, but hacking the QuerySpecificationRegistry to register and unregister specifications is extremely bad practice,
So what would be a better policy? Hack the SettingDelegateFactory instead?

while we have the pattern registry functionality specifically designed for this use case (although it is not finished, unfortunately). When I initially created the delegate-based solution, I wanted to use the pattern registry, but then didn't as it introduced a new dependency. It would have been nice if that feature also got some progress as part of this demo.

What are currently the pros and cons of using the Pattern Registry? I have no objections against doing this properly, but I'd like to see more clearly in this matter.

Istvan

--
Istvan RATH, PhD
Research fellow