Re: [incquery-dev] xtext 2.4?

1. We could do it before M3, as this is also a compatibility break. However, it would also make sense to make M3 the final Xtext 2.3 compatible version of IncQuery... Additional downside to this plan that I will not have any time this week to work with this. :)

So this is a no-go then.

3. We could work on 2.3 on an as long as possible way, which means, we should migrate around the IncQuery M4 (maybe a week before).

Too risky.

In reality, I believe, this migration will not require more then a few hours on the technical side (I have already experimented a bit with it, and some minor changes and serious testing will be needed), however communicating the update requirement might need some effort (and possibly coordination with at least the known IncQuery-using projects).

I think, the second option seems the best taken our constraints into consideration, and work could begin on it around the 19th of May.

OK so we push out M3 on may 17th and then bump master to xtext 2.4?

Istvan

--
Istvan RATH, PhD
Research fellow