Re: [incquery-dev] incquery-xcore integration proposal

Hi,

I have updated my proposal with your ideas: https://gist.github.com/istvanrath/5514021

Any further suggestions and ideas are welcome.

@Zoli:

On Friday, May 3, 2013 at 10:46 AM, Ujhelyi Zoltán wrote:
I think, I don't know enough about the internals of Xcore to be ready to discuss syntax decisions. First of all, I don't know about the planned extension mechanisms of Xcore, and adding a derived feature provider seems a non-incquery-specific need (e.g. someone may want to do the same with OCL ).

One of the possible extensions mechanisms are delegates (http://help.eclipse.org/juno/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.ocl.doc/help/Delegates.html) already using for standard Ecore models - my question is whether there is an option to specify new delegates in Xcore, because in that case it might be possible that we are better off by making derived features using a delegate.

I will ask Ed about this option, but as discussed in person we are not going for any sort of generalization now.

Istvan

--
Istvan RATH, PhD
Research fellow