Re: [ice-dev] Issue 261 - Core as R-OSGi

Ram,

Just a couple of thoughts.
1.) My suspicion is that calling context.getServiceReference() still pulls a local reference to the ICECore service. So, we should figure out how to touch the remote service to see if it is running anything on an open port. You could try, for example, looking at the output of netstat to see if it is listing anything at the network port 9280.
2.) The size of the changes doesn't matter, only that they work and that you want to contribute them back. Additionally, if you want to contribute them back, please check out the instructions in CONTRIBUTING.md.

More on your other email in a minute.

Jay