[ice-dev] Geometry File Formats

All,

I have recently been looking into geometry file formats for import/export in ICE. With the success of STL, it looks possible but not quite as easy to progress from here. The two formats I want to look at including in ICE's geometry IO are IGES and STEP files. Open Cascade provides a 'geometry kernel' with which Netgen, for example, uses to import these files. Some of the file format specifications for these two are attached below. There is a Eclipse plugin called JSDAI that looks to be able to parse STEP files (or any file based on an EXPRESS schema) and write that data to an xml format. It looks promising. Find it here: JSDAI

Take a look!

Thanks,
Kasper