[ice-dev] DTK for converting meshes for ICE?

Stuart,

The team and I were talking today about some upcoming work we have to develop a mesh conversion tool that ICE can use to convert between its own mesh format and others like Exodus and Silo. I was wondering if DTK could help with this? Alex thought that it might, and that it could be done with a minimal amount of work by creating a new copy operator for each mesh type supported by DTK as well as the required implementations for ICE, (Entities, etc.). We're not looking to do any mappings, just straight conversions between formats.

It would be cool to get your thoughts on this. If we could use DTK to do the conversions/copies between different mesh formats then it would save us a lot of time.

Jay

Jay Jay Billings
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Twitter Handle: @jayjaybillings