From: ice-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <ice-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Greg Watson <greg@watson.earth>
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2016 8:55 AM
To: ice developer discussions
Subject: Re: [ice-dev] [ease-dev] EASE & Jython: using os module fails

I managed to get the Jython scripting working by rebuilding ICE using the 0.3 (developer) versions of EASE. I’ll open a Github issue and submit a patch for this tomorrow.

However, now I’m seeing another problem, which I think is ICE related. When I run a script, it seems to work correctly until it gets to the last line, which looks like this:

coreService.processItem(reflectModel.getId(), "Calculate Reflectivity", 1);

at which point I get a NPE. Here is the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "(none)", line 48, in <module>
at org.eclipse.ice.reflectivity.ReflectivityModel.process(ReflectivityModel.java:210)
at org.eclipse.ice.core.internal.itemmanager.ItemManager.processItem(ItemManager.java:981)
at org.eclipse.ice.core.internal.Core.processItem(Core.java:506)

java.lang.NullPointerException: java.lang.NullPointerException

Anybody have any thoughts on why this might be happening?

Greg