Re: [ice-dev] ICE Icon

Here's a contrived version of the issue I saw when I was working on the installer.  Just adding the white background alleviates the whole issue.

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 8:39 PM, Jay Jay Billings <jayjaybillings@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Andrew,

The current logo is a little annoying in the toolbar, but I haven't found anywhere else that it is a problem. If you have some better examples, please send them along.

We do need to make sure that it is shown in place of the default eclipse logo on all platforms in all places. That is a matter of configuring the product properly and I just never thought it was worth my time. If you put in a bug report, we can try to work it in before the release.

As far as a full-scale overhaul of the logo, we can't do that again so soon after the last one. Some people are only now starting to recognize this one instead over the last one.

Jay

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 10:16 PM, Bennett, Andrew R. <bennettar@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Here's a basic one that's just the logo cropped down to a square and a border added for effect.  I used the logo to start with on the others, but built on it so that it wouldn't just be text on a transparent background.  If we use the logo as the icon it can be really hard to see for certain setups, and I believe that is a huge usability mistake.  I also think it would cut down on some cases of confusion if we had an ICE branded icon by default (instead of the Eclipse one), unless it's politically unfeasible to do so.

Andrew
From: ice-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [ice-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Jay Jay Billings [jayjaybillings@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 9:40 PM
To: ice developer discussions
Subject: Re: [ice-dev] ICE Icon

In case that didn't send properly because of it being in Google Drive...

Jay

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 9:39 PM, Jay Jay Billings <jayjaybillings@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:jayjaybillings@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Andrew,

Thanks for sharing those. They are good candidates for when we next change the logo. In the meantime, here's our current logo and you need to use it.

Jay​
[https://ssl.gstatic.com/docs/doclist/images/icon_11_image_list.png] ice.png<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwuaVrLS_7xYbEQ5bjY0ZjhXR2xlaGhNUzBmYjNPaTZNUUVn/view?usp=drive_web>