Re: [hono-dev] Metric names/tags

I also think it’s good to have the protocol but alongside with the component-name and component-type. IMHO the protocol need not be overloaded with additional information about the component. This should be taken care by the component-name.

For example:

component-name

component-type

protocol

lora-everynet

adapter

http

lora-xxx

adapter

mqtt

vanilla-mqtt

adapter

mqtt

hono-http

adapter

http

custom-yyy

adapter

amqp

PPMP

adapter

http

Also in case of reporting based on the protocol across all the components, it is easier with this approach.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Kartheeswaran Kalidass

Engineering Cloud Services 4 Bosch IoT Hub (INST/ECS4)
Bosch Software Innovations GmbH | Stuttgarter Straße 130 | 71332 Waiblingen | GERMANY
| www.bosch-si.com
Kartheeswaran.Kalidass@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Sitz: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB 148411 B
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr.-Ing. Thorsten Lücke; Geschäftsführung: Dr. Stefan Ferber, Michael Hahn, Dr. Aleksandar Mitrovic