Re: [hono-dev] Metrics for processing command responses

-----Original Message-----
From: hono-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <hono-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Hudalla Kai (INST/ECS4)
Sent: Montag, 10. Dezember 2018 13:11
To: hono-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hono-dev] Metrics for processing command responses

On Mon, 2018-12-10 at 12:03 +0000, Kalidass Kartheeswaran (INST/ECS4) wrote:
> [...]

In that case I would, however, prefer to call the other (qualifying) tag "direction" or "dir" instead of "command", which IMHO would be very confusing.

I would also propose to use tag for distinguishing between one-way commands and command request messages.

So, we would end up with

one-way command:          type = "command"

command request message:  type = "command", dir = "request"

command response message: type = "command", dir = "response"

WDYT?

It sounds even better, as now we are able to report the metrics of one-way commands too. Personally for me "direction" is clearer than "dir.
In the above case, querying with type="command" retrieves all the command messages. In order to retrieve only one-way commands metrics, I think, it would appear as type="command",direction="". For me it would be very clear if the query looks like type="command",direction="one-way".