Re: [hono-dev] Adapt Telemetry/Event API to reflect removal of Hono Messaging

I’m probably missing something, but I can’t find where we deprecated it. The release notes states that adapters now “can” connect directly and that’s about it. And the original discussion thread is left with the note that we should keep it for this use case.

I’m not against deprecating it. We’re losing “external adapters” use case, but no one is interested in that at the moment, so one less bit to maintain. If there’s a consensus that we should do it, let’s make more explicit in docs, release notes and code.

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 1:10 PM Hudalla Kai (INST/ECS4) <kai.hudalla@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2018-11-05 at 12:20 +0100, Dejan Bosanac wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I agree that current definitions could be confusing for the people coming first
> time to the project and seeing components that are not used (much) anymore.
> IIRC we agreed that we’ll keep Hono Messaging service for the cases of
> external/custom protocol adapters. Are we still planning to do so?

Well, we have deprecated Hono Messaging with 0.7 and I would rather remove it
from Hono <= 1.0 altogether ...