Re: [hono-dev] Hono 0.6 released

Dear Hono Devs,

Having also eagerly awaited the Command & Control functionality in Hono, we have given it a try and evaluated it in the context of the Bosch IoT Hub. New concepts and APIs are easy to understand and we have had no problems integrating the functionality into the Hub services. We are currently using the feature in our tests to send commands to simulated devices. Here are a few feedback points

* TTD is in seconds. It can be the case that this will not be "fine-grained" enough for all use cases. In other words, perhaps it would make sense to allow providing the TTD in milliseconds.

* If a device sets the TTD and there is no command to be sent from an application or applications, the response will be delayed. This seems to be an use case which was not (yet) addressed or thoroughly thought through, although there is already a hono-dev email discussion on this topic.

* It will be interesting to see how will Hono support the gateway mode in combination with the Command & Control functionality.

In summary, using C&C was a smooth experience so far.

We are looking forward to next releases of Hono and further features around Command & Control.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Marko Pascan

Cloud Services LWM2M (INST/ECS4)
Bosch Software Innovations GmbH | Ullsteinstr. 128 | 12109 Berlin | GERMANY
| www.bosch-si.com
Tel. +49 30 726112-0 | Fax +49 30 726112 |
Marko.Pascan@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Sitz: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB 148411 B
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr.-Ing. Thorsten Lücke; Geschäftsführung: Dr. Stefan Ferber, Michael Hahn