From: hono-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <hono-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Jaeckle Thomas (INST/ECS1)
Sent: Freitag, 27. April 2018 09:49
To: hono-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [hono-dev] connect Hono and Ditto sandboxes

Hi Hono developers.

We, the Eclipse Ditto team, just released our milestone 0.3.0-M1 in which we stabilized the connectivity to Hono.

See also our blog posts about that if you are interested:

·         https://www.eclipse.org/ditto/2018-04-25-connectivity-service.html

·         https://www.eclipse.org/ditto/2018-04-26-milestone-announcement-030-M1.html

What do you think about connecting our two sandboxes to demonstrate Hono and Ditto working together?

We are already connecting the commercial Bosch services in our commercial Bosch IoT Suite setup, so it should not be a problem to do the same in the sandboxes.

With Ditto’s _javascript_ based payload mapping feature the south-bound device must no longer send in Ditto protocol, we can create a connection which maps some arbitrary JSON to a format Ditto can understand.

Who wants to collaborate in setting this up?

Maybe also as a blog post so that others may reproduce the setup.

One more thing: I read your 0.6 release review: https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/iot.hono/releases/0.6/review

Does it make sense to include Ditto as related project and mention in the “Communities” section?

As far as I can tell Ditto has the best out of the box integration with Hono in Eclipse IoT :-)

Best regards

Thomas

Back to the top