Re: [hono-dev] Command and Control / Cloud to Device

On 13/03/18 13:35, Marc Pellmann wrote:
When we use the anonymous sender, Gordon mentioned, we would not have the credits mechanism, but as soon as the consumer try to send a command, it would be clear.

It may be that the anonymous sender option is not appropriate or not needed. I mainly mentioned it for completeness. Using it might be a good fit where the application speculatively sends a message to a device (if that is a real use case).

For the case where the application has a message it will store until the device is connected and able to receive it, it might perhaps be better to create a sender link for the specific device address, wait until that link is sendable at which point any messages are sent and then the link is closed.

You could of course use both together, i.e. first try speculative send and if that fails store the message and create a specific link which when sendable will let the message be sent out and the specific link closed.

Back to the top