Re: [hono-dev] Command and Control / Cloud to Device

This means for each device, that connects to an adapter the adapter will create a receiver link with a Hono messaging instance and Hono messaging with the Router network. Also a consumer application instance creates a sender link with the Router network for each device, to which it wants to send a command as soon as this is connected.

Just for completeness, if using message routing, the application would need to have a separate link for each device it wishes to send to. It could use a so-called 'anonymous sender', with the address of the device specified in the 'to' field on the message.

I am not sure if I understand the implications of using this anonymous sender correct - could you explain it a little bit more (I did not found a further explanation in the QPID documentation)?

Having a million receivers and senders attached to a router network and communicating using message routing is certainly realistic (tests of that scale have been carried out, though on bare metal only at present). I'm not aware of tests of link routing at that scale, which is not to say it is not realistic, just that it should be investigated further.

With the use case of sending commands to the devices, we may could use message based routing. The problem, that we do not have flow control seams not such a problem in this direction. WDYT?

Back to the top