Re: [hono-dev] Command and Control / Cloud to Device

On 12/03/18 18:05, Hudalla Kai (INST/ECS4) wrote:
On Mon, 2018-03-12 at 16:34 +0000, Gordon Sim wrote:
If you send unsettled, then you do get flow control with message-routed
traffic. The credit is not directly relayed, but messages are not
silently dropped and back-pressure will be propagated. If there are no
active recipients (active links with credit granted) then senders will
not get credit to send messages. You can in fact use the availability of
credit to send as an imperfect indication that there is a receiver on
the address (or in the hone case that the device is connected).

My understanding is, though, that we would only know if _any_ device is connected
at all, but not, if a particular one is connected, if we are using an anonymous
sender, right?

An anonymous sender will always have credit to send (because there is no way to determine where it wants to send to). If it sends to an address that has no listeners, the message will be released.

Back to the top