Re: [hono-dev] Hono/apache kafka Integration

Hi Till,
about using Apache Kafka inside Hono what do you mean ?

Do you mean getting messages from Hono (so as consumer for the current "out-of-box" solution with the Qpid Dispatch Router) and then putting them to Apache Kafka ? Or using Apache Kafka as the underlying messaging system instead of ActiveMQ Artemis when it comes to the need to store messages.

Btw regarding running Apache Kafka on Kubernetes/OpenShift alongside Eclipse Hono + ingesting messages from AMQP 1.0 to Kafka itself you can take a look at the Strimzi project [1].
Other than the main project related to run a Kafka cluster on K8S/OS [2], there is a side project [3] which provides an AMQP 1.0 to Kafka bridge.
They were already used in the past for making a POC by some other users in this mailing list.

Thanks,
Paolo.

Paolo Patierno
Principal Software Engineer (IoT) @ Red Hat