[hono-dev] Hono Client dependencies

Hi all,

I have a question regarding Hono Client dependencies.

As far as I understand, the Hono Client consists of two jars - hono-core and hono-client. These are needed in order a Hono Adapter or backend app to communicate with Hono. However,  these jars bring a dependency on jjwt, which is probably reasonable. But they also bring dependencies on the springframework core and cache, which I don't think is reasonable if you try to minimize dependencies. I  mean springframework use is sporadic and could be easily avoided.

So my question is - do you try to minimize dependencies for the Hono Client. I mean when a client try to integrate Hono Client in its solution any additional dependency could be a problem (overhead, compatibility issues ...). If you target dependencies minimization - have you decided what dependency set to stick to?

PS: regarding usability - it could be good idea to make hono-core and hono-client OSGi compatible (e.g. to add OSGi import/export) in order to be easily deployed on OSGi frameworks. For instance vertx -core that you use under the hood is build like that.

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Avgustin Marinov

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Lead Software Engineer/Backend Software
Aachener Str. 222
50931 Cologne
GERMANY

Tel +359 2 952 35 81/308
Fax +359 2 953 26 17
a.marinov@xxxxxxxxxxx
www.prosyst.com

Connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube!
www.blog.bosch-si.com

Registered office: Berlin, Register court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB 148411 B;
Executives: Dr.-Ing. Rainer Kallenbach, Michael Hahn

Back to the top