Re: [hono-dev] Telemetry & Device Registration API

+1

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 3:30 PM Guggemos Dominik (INST/ECS1) <Dominik.Guggemos@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

to sum it up, links are created with a dedicated endpoint (e.g. telemetry/<tenantId>, anonymous relay is not supported), so we can check if a client is authorized to attach. Messages sent via the created link must contain a defined set of header fields e.g. <device-id>, <tenant-id> (details are specified in the respective endpoint api). Do you agree?

+1

Ok, then we should go for this approach. I will change the API description and code accordingly.

It’s a shame really, as hyphenated property names are used on so many places and are easiest to read. From these two options, underscores are a bit “more natural” and easier to read for message properties (device_id), but I don’t have any strong opinions or theories to back one approach over the other.

Yes, it’s annoying. We could also disable property validation at all (jms.validatePropertyNames), but I don’t know if this is possible with other clients..

So anyway, I prefer the underscore too and as there seem to be no other objections, I will change this in the APIs as discussed.

Regards,

Dominik