[higgins-dev] Higgins dev call today at noon EDT

Dial-in: 1-866-362-7064 / 892048#
Time: noon EDT (0400 GMT)

Proposed Agenda
===============

1) [Mary] EclipseCon 2008
-------------------------
- 1,500 developers, 400 from Europe
- We gave a tutorial on Higgins 1.0: 17 attendees
  + Good news: Paul got the RCP Selector to build & run!
  + Bad news: it required help from Tie, Bruce, and Jeesmon
  + Paul is in process of entering bugs and needed wiki improvements
  + The RCP Selector has many rough edges
- Very fruitful discussions with Bjorn WRT eclipse.org/higgins overhaul
- A keynote was given by Sam Ramji (directs the Open Source Software Lab at
  Microsoft) mentioned Higgins.
- See [1] for Sam's blog entry
- Mary gave a short talk on security and identity
  with Matt Flaherty of (IBM, Equinox)
- Follow-up conversation about integrating Higgins and IBM's expediter
- Mary gave a short talk in Business track on marketing with partners
- Lots of traffic at Higgins Poster at Poster reception

2) [Paul] Release planning intro
--------------------------------
- Brian to take over from Paul on managing of process
- Paul to nominate Brian as committer to give Bugzilla rights
- See [2]

3) [Brian] 1.0.1 bugfix release
-------------------------------
- Brian to review current plan for 1.0.1 release on 28-Mar
- See [2] & click "Higgins 1.0.1 Open Issues List"

4) [Brian] 1.1M1,2,3... stable builds
-------------------------------------
- Brian to review current plan for 1.1MX releases
- See [2] & click "Higgins 1.1M1 Open Issues List"

5) [Charles] RSA 2008 Update
----------------------------
- Discussion of logistics
- Equipment requirements
  + there will be 12 20" displays, internet, power strips
- I3: wiki status at T-minus 2.5 weeks
- Who is showing what selector, RP, IdP
- What version (trunk or 1.0.1) are we using?

6) Other Topics?

[1] http://port25.technet.com/archive/2008/03/19/supernova.aspx
[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Beyond_Higgins_1.0

Back to the top