RE: [higgins-dev] ContextFactory.getContexts() clarification

The conservative route is to have this call return all contexts which ARE opened. I can imagine Context Providers than that would have a hard time returning the list of all contexts that they could open.

I’ve just updated this page (see red text) to reflect the “ARE opened” approach. Chime in if you see a problem with this.

-Paul

Jim wrote:

Currently in code: IContextProvider.getContexts()

Returns:

The set of Context References Contexts open by this Context Provider

getContexts(String filter) - return the set of Context References (URIs) managed by this provider

the word "open" being what I'm wondering about. Does this call return all contexts which are or _could_ be opened, or only those currently opened?

Jim

Back to the top