Re: [higgins-dev] [IdAS] context provider registration

The java.security.Provider class is just that, it registers providers and manages these, I'm not sure what else we need, maybe you can provide a list of what else is needed.

Inactive hide details for "Jim Sermersheim" <jimse@xxxxxxxxxx>"Jim Sermersheim" <jimse@xxxxxxxxxx>

          "Jim Sermersheim" <jimse@xxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          07/19/2006 04:18 PM

          Please respond to
          "Higgins (Trust Framework) Project developer discussions" <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Higgins (Trust Framework) Project developer discussions" <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

Re: [higgins-dev] [IdAS] context provider registration

It seems like doing that would take us more in the direction of swapping out what we were calling IdASEndpoint for java.security.Provider. Though I've never used it, to me it looks like the Provider class itself is used to get an instance of the provider service (like: Provider.getService().newInstance()). Except for the fact that Provider is very security-provider-centric and doesn't do everything we need.

I guess my inclination is to stick with something more simple and of our own invention here. Greg's proposal of using a properties file to configure IdASEndpoint (I really wish it was called IdASRegistry) seemed good to me, other than a small worry that we'll want something more robust someday (like xml).

>>> Anthony Nadalin <drsecure@xxxxxxxxxx> 7/18/06 2:40 PM >>>
Yes that was my thought

Sent from Tony's BlackBerry.