[hawkbit-dev] hawkBit Installation & Usage queries - ELIOT - Akraino - Opensource

Hi hawkBit community,

I am working on ELIOT project of Akraino Opensource.  We are planning to integrate hawkBit to ELIOT Platform.

I have analysed hawkBit and I have some queries related to it.

I have referred below link to install hawkBit.  https://www.eclipse.org/hawkbit/gettingstarted/

I found that hawkBit has
1. containerized env installation (From docker)
2. From Source code
3. From sandbox

I have installed through containerized env using docker and UI runs in my local machine
image.png

Below are my queries,

1. What are all the softwares supported which can be able to install / update / remove / rollouts on remote nodes connected?
( Our priority is to integrate Edge computing related packages )

I have referred some of the api docs.

2. Do we have the compatibility to install the softwares on nodes remotely using the  UI?  and Also do we have some guide on how to use UI to install the softwares, update, remove and rollouts on remote nodes?

3. Do we have fully containerised docker env compared to sources? Or any part still needs to be containerised when comparing source code ?   Which one is the preferred way to install (>From docker / From Sources)?

We are looking forward to get support from Eclipse HawkBit community.  Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Srinivasan
ReplyReply allForward

Back to the top