[gmf-dev] GMF stable builds policy proposed

Hello,

  As you know we are delivering our stable builds 2 week after platform stable build, and one week after EMF stable build.

  Since stability of GMF builds is going to be more and more critical from M4 and on, I’m going to start  tagging GMF sources in CVS for the milestone builds one week prior to the planned ship date, iow, as soon as EMF stable bits are available. Then I build a candidate, we have a week for smoketesting (ideally) and for applying critical fixes, and then I build GMF stable bits from the same tag.

  With respect to the forthcoming M4, I suggest to have all features planned for it to be checked in before Friday, 22.

  Concerns & complains are appreciated.

Max

Back to the top