[glassfish-dev] GlassFish OSGi Console and composability

Hi,

Never had the chance to try it, but GlassFish used to have an OSGi Console plugin, that enabled an admin GUI for enabled/disabling bundles. I always wondered whether that plugin could be used to create a lighter version of GlassFish, by removing unneeded features.

If that's possible, and having the complete dependency graph from a full blown GlassFish, one could create a tool that allows you to create a GlassFish distribution from scratch.

Does this make any sense or would it be way more complicated than I'm painting it?

Regards,

Guillermo González de Agüero

Back to the top