Re: [glassfish-dev] Created a new Branch

Sounds good.

-----Original Message-----
From: glassfish-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <glassfish-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of sawamura.hiroki@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 31 October 2019 01:06
To: 'glassfish-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx' <glassfish-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [glassfish-dev] Created a new Branch

Hi All,

I just created '5.1.0-run-with-JDK11' branch from '5.1.0-BRANCH'. It is for trying to run Glassfish with JDK11+.
I talked about this branch with Steve before.

First of all, I'd like to commit some changes that is neccesary to launch Glassfish with JDK11+ to this branch.
(I know that only the sources of GlassFish project has to be modified to launch Glassfish with JDK11+.)

# Scope
I'd like to start by setting a small goal:
  - Based on glassfish 5.1.0.
  - Run with JDK11+. (*)
  - Test using QuickLook tests with JDK11. (*)
  - Build with JDK8 as before.
  - Run Jakarta EE 8 TCK with JDK8 as before.
  - Postpone to support JPMS(JSR376).
  (*) Need to change code.

I believe this branch will help Glassfish support the latest Java in the near future.

Thanks,
Hiroki Sawamura