[geotrellis-user] Geotrellis Custom Tile Metadata

Hello,

I've been able to use Geotrellis to load multiple Geotiffs from HDFS to produce an rdd: RDD[(ProjectedExtent, Tile)].  I'd like to include some metadata for the tiles.  For instance each Geotiff can have a separate cloud cover metric associated with it and I want that data to be present with each Tile object.

As I do analytics over the Tiles I will need to take into account the cloud cover metric.

What is the cleanest way to accomplish this?

Initially I tried wrapping Tiles as a field in a custom object but then I lost the ability to run Geotrellis RDD operations on it such as the .tileToLayout() function.

Thanks,

Alex

Back to the top