From: geomesa-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <geomesa-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Andrew Ames
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2018 08:24
To: geomesa-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [geomesa-users] geomesa exception under geoserver

Hi, all.

I am getting the following exception when I attempt to add a GeoMesa File System Data Store to GeoServer. I am following the GeoMesa FileSystem Quick Start tutorial here: https://www.geomesa.org/documentation/tutorials/geomesa-quickstart-fsds.html

I have successfully ingested the gdelt-quickstart feature and have been able to setup GeoServer and install the jars into WEB-INF/lib.

Following is a snippet of the exception resulting when I attempt to add the new vector data source. Notice that many of the geomesa classes are found, just not the top one.

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.locationtech.geomesa.utils.geotools.SimpleFeatureSpecParser$

        at org.locationtech.geomesa.utils.geotools.SimpleFeatureSpecConfig$.org$locationtech$geomesa$utils$geotools$SimpleFeatureSpecConfig$$buildField(SimpleFeatureSpecConfig.scala:132)

        at org.locationtech.geomesa.utils.geotools.SimpleFeatureSpecConfig$$anonfun$7.apply(SimpleFeatureSpecConfig.scala:125)

        at org.locationtech.geomesa.utils.geotools.SimpleFeatureSpecConfig$$anonfun$7.apply(SimpleFeatureSpecConfig.scala:125)

        at scala.collection.TraversableLike$$anonfun$map$1.apply(TraversableLike.scala:245)

        at scala.collection.TraversableLike$$anonfun$map$1.apply(TraversableLike.scala:245)

        at scala.collection.Iterator$class.foreach(Iterator.scala:742)

        at scala.collection.AbstractIterator.foreach(Iterator.scala:1194)

        at scala.collection.IterableLike$class.foreach(IterableLike.scala:72)

        at scala.collection.AbstractIterable.foreach(Iterable.scala:54)

        at scala.collection.TraversableLike$class.map(TraversableLike.scala:245)

        at scala.collection.AbstractTraversable.map(Traversable.scala:104)

        at org.locationtech.geomesa.utils.geotools.SimpleFeatureSpecConfig$.parse(SimpleFeatureSpecConfig.scala:125)

        at org.locationtech.geomesa.utils.geotools.SimpleFeatureSpecConfig$.parse(SimpleFeatureSpecConfig.scala:51)

I am able to find that class when I scan the jars under WEB-INF/lib like so:

$ for i in *.jar; do jar -tvf "$i" | grep -Hsi \

    "org/locationtech/geomesa/utils/geotools/SimpleFeatureSpecParser\$\.class" && echo "$i"; \

    done

(standard input): 10089 Mon Nov 12 20:27:18 PST 2018 org/locationtech/geomesa/utils/geotools/SimpleFeatureSpecParser$.class

geomesa-utils_2.11-2.1.0.jar

$

I am on Ubuntu 18.04 with GeoMesa 2.1.0 and GeoServer 2.14.1

--

Andrew Ames

Back to the top