[geomesa-users] Help setting up geomesa-hbase and geoserver on EMR

Hi all,

Hoping someone might be able to help:

I’m trying to setup geomesa-hbase and Geoserver on Amazon EMR. I have a working HBase and Geomesa install and have successfully imported many millions of points. I now need to put Geoserver on top of this but have run into complications. Having followed the setup guide on geomesa.org for the Geoserver plugin, I am able to add Geomesa as a store. I had to download jts-1.13.jar for this to succeed, and when I go to publish a layer Geoserver can see the data schema. If I try to compute bounds from the data an exception is thrown:

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.locationtech.jts.geom.Envelope cannot be cast to com.vividsolutions.jts.geom.Envelope

If I use EPSG native bounds and just add the layer it claims to succeed, but if I try to preview the layer then I get an exception:

java.lang.VerifyError: Bad type on operand stack Exception Details: Location: org/locationtech/geomesa/index/geotools/GeoMesaFeatureCollection.accepts(Lorg/opengis/feature/FeatureVisitor;Lorg/opengis/util/ProgressListener;)V @74: invokevirtual Reason: Type 'org/geotools/geometry/jts/ReferencedEnvelope' (current frame, stack[1]) is not assignable to 'com/vividsolutions/jts/geom/Envelope

I clearly have some kind of JAR conflict going on but I’m not sure which side is right! Do I go with LocationTech or Vivid Solutions?

As a further aside, I had to include htrace4 to overcome a NoClassDefFoundError relating to htrace where I had only got htrace-3.x installed.

Many thanks in advance,

Roger

Back to the top