Re: [geomesa-users] Which(Date or Long) type to use for storing timestamp values

Hi Suresh,

It depends on your query patterns. If you use the default date index, you will get a combined geometry + date index (z3 or xz3), which should perform well for spatio-temporal queries, and decently for temporal only queries. If you create an attribute index on your date (either as a date or long type, functionally it makes no difference), then that index will work better for temporal only queries.

Thanks,

Emilio