[geomesa-users] Which(Date or Long) type to use for storing timestamp values

Hello Everyone,

I am using geomesa for indexing over acccumulo storage. I have an attribute which stores timestamp values. I am confused between which TYPE and INDEX to use for storing timestamp attribute values depending upon performance.

There are two cases

 1. Using `Long` as timestamp type and create attribute index.
 2. Using `Date` type and use default date index.

I want to know which technique is better out of this two in terms of searching and sorting in millions of records. What is best practice to follow?

Thank You
Suresh Prajapati

Back to the top