Re: [geomesa-users] Ingesting Avro files into GeoMesa using Hadoop on Google Dataproc

Hi Emilio,

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 6:33 PM, Emilio Lahr-Vivaz <elahrvivaz@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
We do already attempt to pre-split the tables at table creation time:

The default for feature IDs is designed for UUID strings, so you should be good there. But since bigtable is a black box, it's hard to say whether this makes a difference, or even if we're doing it correctly.

Oh, I didn't know that GeoMesa already implemented table pre-splitting.
At first I thought that the poor performance came from my source data not having UUIDs as identifiers.
But I have tried once more with a dataset using UUIDs... without any major performance improvement?!
I am a bit puzzled as to what I am doing wrong.
I'd be happy to hear if anyone could share their performance statistics when ingesting data into Bigtable.

Regards,

--
Damiano Albani
Geodan