Re: [geomesa-users] Possible problems and issues re updating from 1.2.1 to 1.3.0

Forgot to mention: We are running Geomesa 1.2.1 on top of Accumulo 1.7.2.

From: geomesa-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <geomesa-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Benjamin Weaver <Benjamin.Weaver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 12 February 2017 17:49
To: geomesa-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: William Howard; Nick Wise; Anthony Scott-Hodgetts; Carl Manning
Subject: [geomesa-users] Possible problems and issues re updating from 1.2.1 to 1.3.0

This sender failed our fraud detection checks and may not be who they appear to be. Learn about spoofing Feedback

Hi all,

We would like to identify the problems and issues we are likely to face when we upgrade from Geomesa 1.2.1 to 1.3.0. I ask our biggest questions below, but would greatly appreciate information about any other problems you know of.

1. Will our existing data, ingested via geomesa 1.2.1, work correctly in 1.3.0? By 'work' I mean can we query this data properly, and will this older data set be fully co-functional and compatible with data ingested via 1.3.0?

Some context: Our largest and most important table defines a single feature (~40 billion records and growing), and uses an additional attribute index (full) one 1 of our own fields, a 'uuid'.

1a. Do the indexing strategies of the two geomesa versions differ?  (I notice that 1.2.1 creates both [featurename]_z3 and an st_idx indexes). Are featureIDs created in the same way?

2. Will CQL queries yield the same results in 1.3.0 (assuming the same data and query string)?

3. What are the major differences in API that will bear on our ingest and query of data in 1.3.0?

4. 1.2.1 uses java.util.Date. Does 1.3.0 use joda DateTime classes? If so, what bearing does this difference have on date handling in the later geomesa version?

[any and all comments and perspectives are welcome. Our apologies in advance if necessary--we could not just now reach the geomesa archives to consult possible previous answers to my questions]

Thank you in advance,

Ben Weaver

This email (and any attachments) may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the recipient(s) to whom the email is addressed. If you received this email in error, please inform us immediately and delete the email and all attachments without further using, copying or disclosing the information. This email and any attachments are believed to be, but cannot be guaranteed to be, secure or virus-free. Satellite Applications Catapult Limited is registered in England & Wales. Company Number: 7964746. Registered office: Electron Building, Fermi Avenue, Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire OX11 0QR.
This email (and any attachments) may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the recipient(s) to whom the email is addressed. If you received this email in error, please inform us immediately and delete the email and all attachments without further using, copying or disclosing the information. This email and any attachments are believed to be, but cannot be guaranteed to be, secure or virus-free. Satellite Applications Catapult Limited is registered in England & Wales. Company Number: 7964746. Registered office: Electron Building, Fermi Avenue, Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire OX11 0QR.

Back to the top