Re: [geomesa-users] Tips on ingesting a lot of data into GeoMesa

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 4:35 PM, Emilio Lahr-Vivaz <elahrvivaz@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hmm, ok I'm not sure about the guava jar... but I believe that error means that you can't connect to the BigTable instance you're trying to. Do you have the google-cloud-sdk installed? Can you hit your bigtable instance from there?

Yes, I do have the Cloud SDK installed and configured.
And I have a Maven-based project of mine which can connect just fine to my BigTable instance.
So I don't understand why it doesn't via geomesa-bigtable...
I'll continue investigating.

By the way, looking at the Github project with examples provided by Google for BigTable, I saw this:
  • Import HBase Sequence files Import HBase sequence files directly to Cloud Bigtable using Dataflow.
I have absolutely not experience with Dataflow but that description made me think of what you said previously:

There is no way to e.g. write database files directly, so whatever ingest mechanism you use will end up using the same client writers.

Could this be an option, then? Create HBase files and inserting them directly into BigTable via Dataflow?

--
Damiano Albani
Geodan

Back to the top