[geomesa-users] odd ingest error, stuck on debugging it

We have been ingesting data fine to existing catalogs for a bit across different geomesa versions (so after upgrades).  Recently one of our catalogs has started failing ingests of new data.  There was no code change and no one believes a schema or input file change.  I have tried to compare the feature schema in the accumulo catalog table to the schema being used to create the simple feature for the ingest process and I see no difference (again no one thinks a change happened here).  I have got one record that will produce the failed response an inspected all columns to the types marked in the simple feature type/catalog table schema.  Again nothing looks wrong.

I then tried to ingest that same record that will fail against the existing catalog to a new catalog/table and it successfully ingests.

So we are using java to ingest and the only error message I get outputted on the failure (may need to see if I can tweak on additional geomesa logging) is:

com.vividsolutions.jts.io.ParseException:  Invalid number: ? (line 1)

  at com.vividsolutions.jts.io.WKTReader.parseErrorWithLine(WKTReader.java:427)

  at com.vividsolutions.jts.io.WKTReader.getNextNumber (WKTReader.java: 298)

  at com.vividsolutions.jts.io.WKTReader.getPreciseCoordinate(WKTReader.java:257)

  at com.vividsolutions.jts.io.WKTReader.readPointText(WKTReader.java:515)

  at com.vividsolutions.jts.io.WKTReader.readGeometryTaggedText(WKTReader.java:472)

  at com.vividsolutions.jts.io.WKTReader.read(WKTReader.java:205)

  at com.vividsolutions.jts.io.WKTReader.read(WKTReader.java:174)

  at org.locationtech.geomesa.utils.text.WKTUtils$class.read(WKTUtils.scala:48)

  at org.locationtech.geomesa.utils.text.WKTUtils$.read(WKUtils.scala:65)

  at org.locationtech.geomesa.utils.stats.Stat$StatParser$$anonfun$histogramParser$9.apply(Stat.scala:417)

  at org.locationtech.geomesa.utils.stats.Stat$StatParser$$anonfun$histogramParser$9.apply(Stat.scala:397)

  at scala.util.parsing.combinator.Parsers$Success.map(Parsers.scala:137)

….

Our schema has 2 geometries, a point geometry and a polygon geometry.  The point is the default geometry.  I believe the data is fine for creating both the Point geometry and the Polygon geometry.  Again I can ingest a failing record just fine to a new table name/catalog.

This is happening on geomesa 1.2.6 as well as 1.2.3 instances.

The stacktrace was long but further down it seems to be when it is applying the Stats on ingest.  Then again I may be interpreting the stack trace wrong, I just know the geometry is fine if I ingest the record to a different table name.

Any idea of how to get more information on why it is failing for an existing table name/catalog versus not for a new table name/catalog (same record and schema).  Any logging I can turn on to get more info or something I can look for on the catalog through the command line tools interface?

Thanks,

Diane

Back to the top