Re: [geomesa-users] plan for supporting newer accumulo releases?

Hi Simon,

Check out the new branch named rc7_a1.7_h2.5.(1)  I managed to get it build cleanly, but due to limited time, I had to skip fixing some small api changes with the jobs and tools sub-modules.

Those sub-modules should not be crucial to general use, and this should give you a chance to try out Kerberos with GeoMesa.  In general, if you have questions/issues with how GeoMesa interacts with Accumulo's security features, we'd love to hear about it and help address issues.

I'll definitely check out how Spark's build works.  The same trick with -Dhadoop.version should work for GeoMesa's build (since one is just overriding a Maven property).  The biggest challenge is dealing with API versions.  Using an override to bump between Accumulo 1.5 and 1.6 or 1.6 and 1.7 would result in build errors.  The same is likely turn for Spark, and hence they need to use the profiles to help address those concerns.  That said, the -D trick would be great for localizing to a Cloudera or Hortonworks version of dependencies like Hadoop/Accumulo/etc.

Thanks,

Jim

(1) https://github.com/locationtech/geomesa/tree/rc7_a1.7_h2.5