Re: [geomesa-users] plan for supporting newer accumulo releases?

Hi Simon,

Great question.  At the moment, we've been focused on Accumulo 1.5, and provided some support for 1.6 as the need has come up.

There are some branches which support Accumulo 1.6 up on GitHub.  Of note, a1.6_h.2.6 handles some of the changes which are needed for Accumulo 1.6 and Hadoop 2.5/2.6.

GeoMesa is at the exciting corner of several dependencies, so managing a complete set of everything one is a tad tricky.  I do want to provide better support as we continue.  In general, I'm happy to build a branch for a requested set of versions (Accumulo, Hadoop, Zookeeper).

Do you have a present need for GeoMesa to be capability with Accumulo 1.6 or 1.7?  If so, could you suggest some versions of Hadoop and Zookeeper which may be associated?  If so, I'm happy to build up a branch, and shake down any api/unit tests changes.  In exchange, I'd ask for some help identifying any gotchas while deploying iterators or the GeoServer plugin.

Cheers,

Jim