Re: [geomesa-users] How to remove a FeatureType?

Luca,

Addressing your questions independently...

1.  The "removeSchema" command, when run on the AccumuloDataStore, is
meant to remove both the feature data from the index tables and the
metadata from the catalog table.  See:

https://github.com/locationtech/geomesa/blob/master/geomesa-core/src/main/scala/org/locationtech/geomesa/core/data/AccumuloDataStore.scala#L413

There can also be some misleading artifacts when multiple feature-types
share a set of tables, depending on how you named your catalog.

What version of GeoMesa are you running?  The metadata-deletion code
appears to date from October 2014.

2.  The command-line tools do support -- as you appear to have found --
the "removeschema" command:
https://github.com/locationtech/geomesa/tree/master/geomesa-tools#removeschema

The "catalog" parameter is equivalent to the "tableName" parameter in
the DataStore.  This is the name of the table in which metadata
concerning the features is to be stored (and contrasts with the
index-specific tables in which the features themselves are stored).

Sincerely,
  -- Chris