Re: [geomesa-users] [DISCUSS] end-of-maintenance for Accumulo 1.5

GeoMesa is still 1.5.x, I think?

http://www.geomesa.org/geomesa-deployment/

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 3:43 PM, Sean Busbey <busbey@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi folks!

Over the last several months, the Accumulo development community has seen a drop off in jiras reported against and fixes for the 1.5 release line. Given the lack of apparent demand and the added development cost of maintaining the branch, the development community is considering declaring end of maintenance.

If you are actively using Accumulo 1.5 we'd love to hear

* What blockers, if any keep you from moving to 1.6
* What timeline you anticipate needing to move to 1.6

Absent feedback from the user community, the current plan is

# Release Accumulo 1.5.3
# Archive the 1.5 development branch (as we did for 1.4)
# Cease accepting any non-Critical issues that don't impact at least version 1.6.0.

In the event of a critical issue against the 1.5 line, we'd reopen development to resolve that issue and issue a very tightly scoped release.

--
Sean

Back to the top