[geomesa-users] Assistance with creating attribute indexes?

What is the correct way to create a geomesa table with attribute indexes specified on one or more fields?

I have found that using ***DataUtilities.createType( ... ) seems to ignore all of my ":index=true" e.g. Field1:String:index=true,Field2:String:index=false,Field3:String:index=true

Then I figured out that using +++SimpleFeatureTypes​.createType( ... ) seemed to work better.  But then my code for adding records ran into a bizarre run-time error: Feature '[name]' has not been initialized. Please call 'createSchema' first.

***DataUtilities => org.geotools.data.DataUtilities

+++SimpleFeatureTypes => org.locationtech.geomesa.utils.geotools.SimpleFeatureTypes

..

What is the proper way to create a new geomesa table, specifying one or more attributes [besides geotemporal] to be indexed?  I am trying to take advantage of the *_attr_idx table, but it's not clicking for me.

Thanks.

-Aaron

Back to the top