Re: [geomesa-users] Invalid method name: 'beginFateOperation' when creating a table

On 24/03/15 23:21, Emilio Lahr-Vivaz wrote:
Hi Luca,

It definitely seems like a classpath issue. It appears from the stack trace that
you have an accumulo 1.6 jar on your classpath somewhere.

Indeed I had a wrong property in my POM, thanks for the quick reply.

Bear with me, for I have another issue:

I wanted to check the existence of a table before creating it; therefore, I added this line:
    SimpleFeatureSource featureSource = dataStore.getFeatureSource(options
        .get(ftName));

To my surprise, an RTE was raised:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Feature 'null' has not been initialized. Please call 'createSchema' first.

I looked in the GeoMesa source code, and found this in AccumuloDataStore.scala:
protected def validateMetadata(featureName: String): Unit = {
    metadata.read(featureName, ATTRIBUTES_KEY)
.getOrElse(throw new RuntimeException(s"Feature '$featureName' has not been initialized. Please call 'createSchema' first."))

Well, must it really be an RTE ? Should not a missing featureSource be a recoverable exception (such as IOException), hence forced to be declared in the calling methods/functions ?

Regards,

Luca Morandini
Data Architect - AURIN project
Melbourne eResearch Group
Department of Computing and Information Systems
University of Melbourne
Tel. +61 03 903 58 380
Skype: lmorandini

Back to the top