Re: [geomesa-users] C++ access

In the era of microservices, here's what I'd vote for RPC support in future releases GeoMesa:

1) Out-of-box official Thrift interface + server/listener
2) Anything else platform-agnostic, like Avro, JSON, REST, protobuf, etc
3) Socket-based message queue/IPC? E.g., ZeroMQ or RabbitMQ
3) J/ODBC-like CQL support? I guess. Mumble mumble...
4) Less and lesser love (why even mention?) JNI/XML/SOAP, COM+ interops, etc...

Some things to read up and ponder:

http://www.slideshare.net/IgorAnishchenko/pb-vs-thrift-vs-avro
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_procedure_call#Other_RPC_analogues
http://www.infoq.com/articles/microservices-intro