[faces-dev] 4.1 & 5.0 Deprecations / Removals

Hello,

There were plans to deprecate & remove some items, but they were suspended due to our concerns about creating deprecations in 4.1 and with plans to remove them in 5.0 (see messages 1 & 2).

However, since these items are not used anymore, there's no need to keep them until Faces 6.0. I spoke to Emily Jiang, and she said we should try to get approval to remove these unused features.

She recommends adding them to the agenda of the next Jakarta Platform call. Could Arjan (or someone else) please add them?

Permission to Remove the Following from Faces 4.1 (5.0?):

https://github.com/jakartaee/faces/issues/1549 - composite:extension
https://github.com/jakartaee/faces/issues/1707 - PreDestroyCustomScopeEvent and PostConstructCustomScopeEvent
https://github.com/jakartaee/faces/issues/1725 - UIComponent.bindings

Thank you,