Re: [faces-dev] Utilising HttpServletMapping in implementation and Portlets

Manfred Riem wrote on Mon 30 Aug 20:38:
+1 -- All for simplifying any Faces API

Thanks! So I'm thinking about starting with a FacesContext.getHttpServletRequest(), AND/OR ExternalContext.getHttpServletRequest().

For the AND case, specify that FacesContext gets HttpServletRequest from ExternalContext, so Portlet integrators still only have to provide an ExternalContext implementation. They do have to return an HttpServletRequest implementation then.

Kind regards,
Arjan